Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1.6.09: The Magic of Googlevision

Today's gratitude comes to you courtesy of gmail video chat. Thanks to this tiny camera at the top of my MacBook, I can hook up via video to anyone else through gmail with the same little camera. It is infinitely better than just talking on the phone, especially when it's with people I don't get to see very often. And it's free. Take that, Verizon Wireless. After coming home last night from an ugly sweater party, for example, Catherine and I chatted it up until the wee hours of the morning. I got to show her my fabulous sleeves (from waist to wrist!) while eating a fried egg. Can a phone do that? Can email? No. Only gmail video chat. In the future, we will all have flying cars and extra organs growing in our fridge ... and video chat.


No comments:

Post a Comment