Monday, January 12, 2009

1.12.09: Legs That Work

Weird title, I know. But I have used my legs a lot today without really thinking about it and would like to give a shout out to my legs. First of all, I went to the Pilates Nazi's class this morning (she snapped on cue for how fast we were supposed to be doing our 100s, but I loved her); scissor kicks and the teaser would be kind of hard to do without legs. I danced around to "Single Ladies" while tidying up. Then I was able to be out and about today driving in the snow and clamoring around snowbanks to wipe off my windows with only the cold cramping my style. I take for granted a lot that, in general, my limbs do what I tell them to do. At church a couple of weeks ago, the priest mentioned a teenage boy who had offered to go get the car for an elderly parishoner who was having trouble walking on the ice and I've been thinking about that a lot - how easy it is for me to get around, even in nasty weather. I feel like I'm going to jinx my legs by saying thank you, like I'm going to lose them in some freak ironic accident, but I'll take my chances.



No comments:

Post a Comment