Monday, January 19, 2009

1.15.09: and the crowd goes wild

I'm a bit behind in my posts, here... last Thursday I went to the Wisconsin/Minnesota basketball game that got progressively more exciting with every last second. Though the Badgers held the lead by an average of 10 points throughout the game, the Gophers burrowed back (ha, ha) to sink a 3-pointer at the buzzer that kicked the game into overtime. The next five minutes was pitiful, but we scrapped back to salvage some hope in the last 30 seconds. Ultimately, we lost and the lone Minnesota fan behind us (an undergrad girl whose shrieks would be a strong contender for Most Annoying Sound in the World) went wild. I didn't really care that we lost - why I go to games is to be in a stadium full of people who rise up together in thunderous applause. I'm not a sucker for just any large crowd (obviously we're not talking about the Nazi rallies here), but there's something about cheering throngs that just makes my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment