Wednesday, January 7, 2009

1.07.09: Gore May Coup King

I was feeling both productive and culinary this morning which led to me whipping up a beef stew in my new Le Creuset fancy pants pot, arepas with shredded beef and eggs, and fried plantains. Per usual, I grabbed an apron, took down my smoke detector, and cranked the tunes and heat up high. Now I have a mess of a kitchen, but a full tummy and food for the next two weeks.



I also made a rather excellent chili a few days ago and invited my game-loving buddies over for some dinner and Mad Gab last night. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. The last time I played was with family friends who were in hysterics as my brother-in-law innocently repeated "puss hole" in varying accents for several minutes. Karma's got my back for good food: in exchange for chili and cornbread, my friends gifted several old games to me including Water Works and an Egyptian chess-like game that uses real laser beams. No joke.




No comments:

Post a Comment