Thursday, January 29, 2009

1.29.09: Served Me Well

Don't get me wrong... there are so many things I have loved about working in a restaurant: feasting on delicious leftovers at the end of the night, celebrating the end of a tough shift with a round, running around with adrenaline pumping for hours straight, and, of course, working with fun-loving friends who, when we're on our A game, are like a choreographed vaudeville act cracking jokes about rude customers and teasing each other in between flipping tables and running food. After three straight nights of picking up shifts during the super-busy "Restaurant Week," however, I am wiped. I am grateful, therefore, that I can pick up shifts when I want and that I have other work that is less draining to tide me over during the rest of the month. Whew!



No comments:

Post a Comment