Saturday, January 3, 2009

1.01.09: Screwdrivers at the Sunburnt Cow

My resolution for 2009: to spend my days more consciously and passionately instead of unshowered, in sweatpants, at the same seat in front of my computer in my dining room eating Trader Joe's peanut butter cups and watching YouTube clips while I procrastinate my schoolwork. As a single girl in the final years of grad school, this is an amazing and unique time in my life and I don't want to fritter it away. As a kick in the pants, then, this blog is a chance for me to be explicitly grateful for at least one thing every day. Special thanks to Annie Dillard for the quote that inspires me each morning: "How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." And so it begins... January 1: New York City's Sunburnt Cow's $20 all-you-can drink brunch special with a great omelette, several delicious screwdrivers (who needs to be hungover on New Year's Day when you get enjoy a buzz at brunch?), ridiculously chatty bar rats, and a cute Australian barman who inspired me to leave a note (yep, I received a callback and, yep, he's happily married).



No comments:

Post a Comment