Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gratitude

As I was reading in bed tonight, I came across this Sufi poem by Shabistiri: 

To enter this garden,
see with your heart's eyes and
gaze gently on these blossoms. 
All your doubts will fade away. 
Don't look for mistakes: 
The roses may turn into thorns. 
Ingratitude reveals ignorance,
and the friends of truth are truly thankful.

It was a good reminder for me of why I started this blog and why it was initially important for me to post something every day - not to explain my comings and goings, but to be explicitly and consciously grateful at least once every day. It was worth crawling out of bed to post this. 

SO. Today I am grateful for many things, but I am most grateful for the tough love of my sister and for enjoying the Union Terrace's live music and fireworks after dusk on a breezy summer night with a few friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment