Monday, June 22, 2009

6.22.2009: Random Thoughts

A few pics from the last few weeks... 

It has been spring-snowing (aka cottonwood shedding) and there have been drifts blowing all through our courtyard and parking lot. I admit to sticking in my hands and tossing big blustery puffs in the air a few times. Can't help myself.


I've been meeting with my UW-L students this week and last. They have been long days, but ultimately very pleasant, especially the day Jane and I spent at a coffeeshop in Janesville with this charming deck that made me feel like I was in the mountains.



I saw this sign at the grocery store yesterday and couldn't stop laughing. I have a weird habit of pronouncing the words on signs in the voices I think correspond with the font. This is clearly meant to be said in a loud Broadway-style voice complete with jazz hands. Yes, I actually said it that way. Out loud. At the grocery store. The elderly produce man laughed.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment