Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Local Color

There is a family-owned strawberry patch a few miles out of town in the bucolic Wisconsin countryside. I've never been (because I've always been out of town in the summer) and asked my friend Alexa to join me with her kids. We had such a great time - it was so beautiful, the strawberries were so delicious (Normandie could not stop eating them!), and the family could not have been sweeter. It was Liam's idea to take a picture making funny faces when we had picked our fill of berries.
 
I've been enjoying lots of Madison's local gems lately that truly come alive in the summer. I sat on the Terrace last week listening to music with my friends while the sun set behind the lake, strolled through the farmers' market on the Square and wandered up and down State Street listening to live music. The best band I've ever heard there was playing this weekend - I heard them on my way to the wedding and took their card, then saw them again on the way to work Sunday afternoon. I invited them up to the restaurant for a free dessert and had a great chat with them when they arrived. They're from North Carolina and were fantastic (their name is Speedsquare) and so grateful for the dessert: 

(that street in Sedona looks awfully familiar, doesn't it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment