Friday, March 6, 2009

3.5.2009: DMV

I had to renew my license today which meant sitting for two hours at the DMV. I brought articles and got more reading done than I have all week (maybe I should renew it more often). I was grateful, however, for the fact that I live a quick five minutes from the DMV office. I couldn't imagine having to drive from another part of the county to wait in line for two hours and then drive home. Yuck. I've had lots of good times at the DMV (as weird as that may sound), but my favorite story is going to get my first license with my mom and sister. I fell asleep on my mom's lap waiting for my number to be called (providing yet more evidence that I can, in fact, fall asleep anywhere). Once it was my turn, I jumped up and got my picture taken - with the imprint of my mom's woven Sak purse all over my face. Classy. I also once sat in the DMV all day practicing taking field notes and somehow missed the one-armed, mulleted man shouting out people's names for their pictures. Yeah. I'm not cut out for research. Speaking of research... miracle email today from a potential participant. I was so relieved and excited. CANNOT WAIT for this dissertation to be over and it's just starting. Sigh. (Contented sigh this time instead of freaked-out-stressed-to-the-max sigh).

No comments:

Post a Comment