Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cindy Bag

I try not to go to this grocery store that's next to a Target and an Old Navy because I'm always so tempted to go in and "just look around" which turns into a $100 purchase of new clothes or random crap. Yesterday, however, at least my splurging brought me into neighborly connection with a stranger. I was browsing the bags and kept fondling this adorable dark purple purse that would be a great size for hauling stuff back and forth to Chicago. It was buy one/get one half off, but I didn't really need two. Cue Cindy, random middle-aged lady wearing a hot pink shirt, huge white hoop earrings, and white platform sandals - a look she managed to pull off with style. She gave me a look and said, "Are you in?" and we both started laughing. Up to the counter we went, her with the brown version and me with my purple. She agreed to call it her Katy Purse and I told her I would forever know it as my Cindy bag. Thanks for the extra $8.97, Cindy!

The Cindy Bag
(pretty cute, huh?)

No comments:

Post a Comment